Online Course Development Series Begins Online
The Online Course Development series (asynchronous format) will guide participants through a systematic approach to the design and development of online synchronous, online asynchronous, and hybrid courses. Participants will be equipped to make design decisions that support interaction, student engagement, authentic learning and assessment, and meaningful integration of technology. This facilitated online asynchronous series will benefit instructors seeking to design or refresh an online or hybrid course.
A full description of the online course development series along with outcomes and recommended preprequisites can be found on the Instructional Design and Distance Learning website.
This online asynchronous course will begin Wednesday, March 15 and end Friday, May 5. There is no cost to participate in this series. Instructional Design and Distance Learning recommends taking the Online Course Development series at least one year prior to teaching online or hybrid.
Earn Your Certificate of Completion
To earn the online course development certificate of completion, participants will:
- Complete all six modules in the series (time commitment is 3-5 hours per module).
- Submit deliverables for all six modules according to rubric specifications. Each deliverable will ask you to design and develop components of your online or hybrid course.
- You will receive a development shell as part of this series to work on your course development.
- Post a discussion board entry for all six modules.
- Submit a final deliverable, consisting of one fully developed week/module for your online or hybrid course and a "mini" self-review of that week/module with components from the OSCQR rubric.
Faculty interested in participating in the Online Course Development series should have experience with educational technology, and basic computer functions, and should have earned the SUNY DLE Brightspace Fundamentals Certificate.
- Wednesday, March 15, 2023
- All Day Event
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.