Please join us for a demonstration of how to make sushi in the Caudel Kitchen!
The session will begin with already-cooked rice, due to the need for pre-cooled rice for the demonstration. Basic ingredients will be explained: i.e., the correct rice to use, how to cook the rice properly, the correct vinegar to purchase, and the range of possible ingredients that can be used in a sushi roll.
At this session:
- Participants will watch how to set out and prepare the ingredients to make a sushi roll, using rice, seaweed wrappers, cooked spinach and cooked carrots, as well as raw avocado and raw cucumber. I'll have cooked salmon too, which can be included if desired. Raw fish is NOT used in this demonstration.
- Each participant will make 2-3 sushi rolls of their own to take home. Each person will make their own rolls and handle their own rice and food.
- Each participant will be able to take home some unused sushi wrappers and a bamboo mat, so that they have some starter ingredients
- Encourage participant to take photos of the ingredients to use to make sushi later on
*** Materials and ingredients for this session will be funded by the Faculty Student Association***
- Tuesday, January 18, 2022
- 12:00pm - 1:00pm
- Jacqueline Durfee
- Caudell Hall 218 (Kitchen)
- Caudell Hall