Online Learning Consortium Webinar: How to Increase Regular and Substantive Interaction (RSI) in Online and Distance Learning In-Person
Meaningful engagement between instructors and students is an essential component of successful online and distance learning, driving higher quality interactions and experiences. This aligns with the Department of Education’s rules requiring courses to include “Regular and Substantive Interaction,” especially in distance and competency-based education (to ensure federal financial aid funds are used appropriately).
In this webinar, speakers will 1) discuss how to create a learning environment that cultivates quality, meaningful interactions and 2) share innovative, best-practice examples in action. Participants will explore the tools and approaches to best support students in sharing their ideas and engaging more deeply in their learning.
- Identify the essential elements of Regular and Substantive Interaction
- Evaluate use cases for practical, easy-to-use tools to assist in cultivating engagement
- Develop a plan of action to drive higher quality interactions and experiences
Intended audience: Instructional Designers, Faculty, Learning Experience Designers, Instructional Technologists, Online Education Directors, Faculty Developers, Librarians, OER Coordinators, Higher Education Administrators
- Wednesday, November 10, 2021
- 12:00pm - 1:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- ONLINE VIA WEBINAR