Basic Online Course Development Series Begins
Learn how to strengthen your online and hybrid skills to enhance your course design and increase student engagement with the basic Online Course Development Series. This facilitated online asynchronous series prepares instructors to design and develop online synchronous, online asynchronous, or hybrid courses using best practices of online teaching and learning.
A full description of the basic online course development series along with learning objectives can be found on the Instructional Design and Distance Learning website.
This online asynchronous course will begin Monday, October 4 and end Friday, November 5. There is no cost to participate in this series. Instructional Design and Distance Learning recommends taking the Online Course Development series at least one year prior to teaching online or hybrid.
To earn the basic online course development certificate of completion, participants will:
- Complete all six modules in the series (time commitment is 2-3 hours per module).
- Submit deliverables for all six modules according to rubric specifications. Each deliverable will ask you to develop components of your online or hybrid course.
- You will receive a development shell as part of this series to work on your course development.
- Post a discussion board entry for all six modules.
- Submit a final deliverable, which consists of one fully developed week/module/unit for your online or hybrid course and a review of that week/module/unit with components from the OSCQR tool (the OSCQR tool will be available to you when the series starts).
- Monday, October 4, 2021
- All Day Event
- Brooke Winckelmann